Premises of the group include 250m2 laboratory space in the new inter-disciplinary research building of AUTh (KEDEK) and more than 250 m2 laboratory space in Medical School AUTh (downtown Thessaloniki).
Equipment includes state of the art analytical instrumentation:
- Acquity UPLC Xevo TQD MS/MS (Waters)
- Acquity UPLC Premier qTOF-MS Waters,
- Thermo Access QqQ with Ultimat LC,
- ABI Sciex 3200 QqQ with Alliance LC,
- ABI Sciex 150 LC-MS with Alliance LC,
- Agilent 5973 GC-MS back flush mode and CTC autoscampler (peltier cooling specifically configured for metaboomics analysis),
- Bruker EVOQ TQ GC-MS/MS with HS and SPME capabilities
- Bruker EVOQ TQ GC-MS/MS
- Thermo GC-NPD and GC-FID
- 3D CE-PDA (Agilent).
Acquisition of new UPLC-HR-QTOF-MS and LC-MS/MS (triple quad) is ongoing.
There is access to high resolution MS and NMR (Varian 500 and 600 MHz)
Expertise of the group includes analysis on HR-MS TOF/Orbitrap and FT-ICR-MS, high field NMR, use of a variety of bespoke software tools for data treatment of profiling data (Metabolynx, ACD Labs, Marker View, MarkerLynx, Simca 13, XCMS, AMDIS, AMIX, VNMR), R and MATLAB scripts.