With great pleasure we invite you to the 5th Metabolomics Workshop to be held in Thessaloniki, Greece from the 16th to the 17th of May 2019.
In addition to the workshop this year we plan three days hands-on workshop from 13 to 15 May in our new state of the art laboratory facility. The hands-on course will host up to 12 researchers and cover experimental design, sample preparation, LC-MS analysis, GC-MS analysis, data mining, statistics. Participants for the hand-on course will be selected on first-come, first-served basis.
The meeting is the continuation of successful meetings that started in Thessaloniki in 2008 & 2016, Athens in 2012 and Patras in 2014.
Past meetings featured renown invited speakers from academia, industry and the regulators advocating and debating on the application of holistic analytical approaches in biomarker discovery in life, plant and food sciences. We intend to bring the same high level of lectures to further promote knowledge on this upcoming field.
The potential and the benefits of applying metabolomics in life and plant/food/nutrition sciences will be the focus of the workshop.
Developments on analytical methods, data treatment strategies and tools will also be illustrated Selected software could be shown in live action. The scope is to generate discussion and interaction among the participants. Presentation options are as either oral or poster mode.
- Prof. Georgios Theodoridis, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Prof. Ian Wilson Imperial College London
- Assist. Prof. Helen Gika, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Prof. Emmanuel Mikros, Athens University
- Dr. Panos Vorkas, Imperial College London
Local Organizing Committee
- Dr. Georgios Theodoridis
- Dr. Helen Gika
- Dr. Petros Pousinis
- Foteini Mitsa
Preliminary list of workshop Speakers
- Ian Wilson, Imperial College London
- Georgios Theodoridis, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- George Nychas, Agricultural University of Athens
- Michael Witting, Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
- Panagiotis Vorkas, Imperial College London
- Filippos Michopoulos, AstraZeneca UK
- Torbjörn Lundstedt, Uppsala University
- Oleg A. Mayboroda, Leiden University Medical Center
- and many more…
Looking forward to seeing you at the historic port city of Thessaloniki.
Professor Georgios Theodoridis
on behalf of the organisers
Telephone: +30 2310 997718, +30 2310 996224